"Nothing happens until someone sells something to someone." This quote has been around for many, many years. You probably sell something every day, whether you realize it, or not. Sales reps sell manufactured products to consumers. Applicants sell themselves to interviewers. Thinkers sell ideas to others to act on. Speakers sell motivation to their audience. Ministers sell God to a congregation. Parents sell ideas to children. Friends sell friends on movies, restaurants and vacation locations. Leaders look at what they're selling (ideas, motivation, encouragement) with purpose and consistency. What are you selling? Who are you selling to? Are you successfully getting your message out? What can you do to be purposeful in your activity? Will you lead, or follow?
As I read several blogs and forums relating to direct sales, I'm fascinated by those who complain, complain, complain. They want something, they get it, but they want it different. They sign on to a company, but don't like how the company dictates this or that. Direct sellers - imagine you owned a franchise... let's say "Subway" (Subway is a registered trademark & only being used as an example). You have your location with the pretty sign, all of your food is purchased through your company, you have a fairly standard menu and you get to choose to participte in national advertising and pricing. And, you have to sell a significant number of sandwiches to retain your franchise. As a customer, I know that I can walk into any Subway and get a BMT that tastes almost identical to any BMT I purchase at any other location. I know what I'm getting. So what if Subway franchise owners put the name on the door but didn't follow franchise rules? As a custom...
Comments
Post a Comment